JOHN EDMUND HALLEY is the president & CEO of Comet Studios, a dynamic consortium of creative professionals who share passion for the natural environment, sustainability and architectural excellence. With over thirty years of architectural design and development experience, Comet Studios specializes in environmentally conscious and sustainable community planning, new urbanism, architectural design and development for new construction and remodel projects.
Comet Studios’ environmentally conscious philosophy combines principles of Relocalization, new Urbanism and “green” building design with innovative, cost effective, and efficient renewable energy solutions that architecturally blend seamlessly with surrounding community and the natural environment. His demonstrated professional passion centers on working with visionary people and organizations who strive to achieve high levels of excellence where principles of sustainability and earth stewardship always prevail.
John also offers more than 40 years of high alpine mountain experience covering a broad spectrum of environmentally conscious alpine mountain architectural design, alpine mountain community planning, related real estate development, mountain home construction and many community volunteer efforts.
Prior to founding Comet Studios, John ran product development for the San Francisco office of Centex Homes, one of the largest housing developers in the United States. In this capacity, John hired and managed interdisciplinary teams of professionals for the full spectrum of real estate development; covering market research, market analysis, project programming, budget development, land acquisition, site planning, architectural design, landscape architecture, presentations & submittal needed for project approval, project engineering, construction document preparation, building permits, construction oversight, model home development, marketing, sales and analysis of project success after completion.
- Environmental planning and design for individuals and real estate developers.
- Design, production, and organization experience with skills necessary for effective management of architecture and construction. Our consortium members are skilled in client contact, schedules, cost control, concept and architectural design with detail follow-through, extensive integration of CADD systems in all aspect of design and production phases, bid package preparation, contract and construction management.
- Feasibility studies, design strategies, land planning, merchant built housing design and custom home design.
- Consulting & telecommute subcontract support to other architectural firms in the form of Site Planning, Project Design, Project Modeling, QuickTime VR, Rendering through Working Drawings.
- Web Development and Design for creating an Internet presence.
Our firm’s philosophy incorporates environmentally conscious green building design with innovative, cost effective, and energy efficient passive solar solutions wherever possible.
Serving Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Santa Fe, Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico and beyond!